Monday, February 20, 2012

My lip gloss is poppin'

I'm not a huge fan of lipstick because I like a little shine and find that lip gloss is just easier to apply. NARS Lip Gloss is hands down my favorite. They have great pigment and aren't super sticky. My go-to color is "Sweet Revenge" which is close to "Orgasm" (their top seller) but without the shimmer.




Another great gloss is Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish by Bare Minerals. They have several versions depending on how sheer or full coverage you want.  I like Buxom because it contains lip plumpers but doesn't have that burning tingle like you get with LipFusion or Lip Venom.  I like "Sandy" which is a pinky nude shade.  I will say that Buxom does have a slight sticky factor.



I recently found and love Clinique's Chubby Stick which has light pigment and subtle sheen.   Its not actually a gloss but a lip color balm.  It's nice if you want to add a quick bit of color. Plus, they are so cute!




Finally, a great primer for any lipgloss or lipstick is benefit's Lip Plump.  It smooths out your lips and keeps your color on longer.  It will give your lips a neutral base so the color of your gloss or lipstick will show up differently than against your natural lip color.  A little goes a long way!


1 comment: