Sunday, February 5, 2012

La Vie Est Belle

So many wonderful things are happening around me to people that I love and care about. Milestone birthdays, pregnancies, new babies, new homes, new jobs, promotions, higher education, marriages and engagements. It occurred to me this week that I feel a genuine sense of happiness that I haven't felt in some time. Despite my grief and intermittent periods of sadness, I recognize there is, and will continue to be, plenty to be happy about. I recognize that joy can be found by sharing in the happiness and success of those around me. Not that I didn't value it before its just that its much more apparent and inspiring.
My mom's Facebook page has a quote that says "Life may not always be fair, but it is good". When faced with tragedy, trials or tribulations, its often hard to see the good but you have to remember it and let it pull you through. And at some point, when the worst of the storm is over, it's the good that keeps you moving forward.
For myself and many others, life will never be the same without my mom but life is still good. La vie est belle. Life is beautiful. I will forever carry those words with me, as did she...

No comments:

Post a Comment